- 2019-Nov-18 (Monday): Day 1, gate Garchinger Technologie- und Gründerzentrum, Room A
10:00 - 13:00 (optional) nextnano software introduction & workshop
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch, Room A (https://gate-kitchen.de)
14:00 - 18:30 FLASH meeting
19:30 Dinner, Garchinger Augustiner, (http://www.garchinger-augustiner.com), Freisinger Landstr. 4, 85748 Garching b. München (U-Bahn stop U6 "Garching" ==> Map)
- 2019-Nov-19 (Tuesday): Day 2, gate Garchinger Technologie- und Gründerzentrum, Room A
9:30 - 16:30 FLASH meeting
13:00 Lunch, Room A (https://gate-kitchen.de)
19:30 (optional) Informal Meeting for Dinner (Location to be announced, somewhere in the center of Munich)
- 2019-Nov-20 (Wednesday) optional: You can stay with us on Wednesday if you want to learn more about the nextnano software.
- gate Garchinger Technologie- und Gründerzentrum
Meeting room A
85748 Garching b. München
The gate Garching is located directly on the campus of the Technische Universität München (Garching campus) and can be reached by subway (U-Bahn).
Take subway U6 and exit at the last stop "Garching-Forschungszentrum". ==> Timetable
The gate Garching is located within 8 minutes walking distance. If you have luggage, you can take any of the buses at the subway stop and exit at the first stop "Garching (b München), Technische Universität" (1 minute ride) which is directly located in front of the gate Garching which is the gray building (not the black one).
At the end of the workshop, you can take the bus 690 to "Eching (S) Ost" which directly leaves in front of the gate Garching. Exit the bus and exit in Neufahrn at the S-Bahn station (12 minutes ride), then take the S-Bahn to the airport ("Flughafen München") (8 minutes ride).
The transport from the gate Garching to the airport via Neufahrn will take 29 minutes and the bus leaves every 40 minutes.
Alternative: Take the bus 230 to "Ismaning", and exit at the S-Bahn station is Ismaning, then take the S-Bahn to the airport ("Flughafen München") (13 minutes ride).
The transport from the gate Garching to the airport via Ismaning will take 43 minutes and the bus leaves every 40 minutes. So roughly speaking you can take a bus every 20 minutes. The interval of the S-Bahn trains to the airport is 20 minutes.
Dinner (see above) will be in the center of Garching (subway U6 "Garching"). It is only 1 subway stop from the workshop venue (Travel time: 2 minutes).
Travel time: U6 "Marienplatz" - "Garching": 25 minutes
- A ticket from your hotel in Garching to the venue is 1.50 € (Single Ticket Adults Kurzstrecke).
- U6 Garching-Hochbrück to U6 Garching-Forschungszentrum (2 stops)
- U6 Garching to U6 Garching-Forschungszentrum (1 stop; Alternatively, you can take the bus which is the same price.)
- A ticket from Garching to the airport is 8,70 € (Single Ticket Adults 3 Zones).
- Munich & Garching: A day ticket for the center of Munich including outer zone (i.e. including Garching) is 8,90 € (Single Day Ticket (Single-Tageskarte) Munich XXL).
- Munich & Garching & Airport: A day ticket for the center of Munich including outer zone (i.e. including Garching and airport) is 13,00 € (Single Day Ticket (Single-Tageskarte) Entire network).
- Garching: A day ticket for the outer zone (including Garching but without Munich center and without the airport) is 6,70 € (Single Day Ticket (Single-Tageskarte) outer zones (Outer disctrict / Außenraum)).
Group tickets for up to 5 people:
- A day ticket for the center of Munich including outer zone (i.e. including Garching) is 16,10 € (Group Day Ticket (Gruppen-Tageskarte) Munich XXL).
- A day ticket for the center of Munich including outer zone (i.e. including Garching and airport) is 24,30 € (Group Day Ticket (Gruppen-Tageskarte) Entire network).
- The hotels
- ibis budget Munich Garching
- ibis Munich Garching Hotel
- Motel One Munich-Garching
are all next to each other and are located directly at U-Bahn stop U6 "Garching-Hochbrück". (2 U-Bahn stops from gate Garching where the meeting takes place.)
- The hotels
- Hotel am Park
- Gasthof Neuwirt
- Hotel König Ludwig II
- Hotel Hoyacker Hof
are all next to each other and are located directly at U-Bahn stop U6 "Garching". (1 U-Bahn stop from gate Garching where the meeting takes place.)
- The Courtyard by Marriott München Garching hotel at the Campus Garching at the new GALILEO building is scheduled to open November-8. However, currently one cannot book it yet.
- If you prefer to stay at a hotel in downtown Munich, the travel distances are:
- Marienplatz - U6 Garching-Forschungszentrum: 25 minutes
- Hauptbahnhof - U6 Garching-Forschungszentrum: 35 minutes
Trains run every 10 minutes.
- nextnano GmbH, Stefan Birner, +49 8121 7603205, +49 162 9850935
- (was sent via email)
- Stefan Birner
- Thomas Grange
- Maria Cecilia da Silva Figueira
- Carola Burkl
- Takuma Sato
Università degli studi Roma Tre
- Monica De Seta
- Luciana Di Gaspare
- Luca Persichetti
- Michele Montanari
- Chiara Ciano
- Giacomo Scalari
- David Stark
- Sergej Markmann
IHP GmbH, Frankfurt (Oder)
- Giovanni Capellini
- Oliver Skibitzki
- Cedric Corley
- Henriette Tetzner
- Constanza Manganelli
University of Glasgow
- Douglas Paul
- Muhammad Mirza
Università di Pisa
- Michele Virgilio
- Take a ride in the parabola slide in the Mathematics/Computer Science Building
- Visit the ESO Supernova (Entrance is free)
Sat/Sun: 12-17, Mon/Tue closed, Wed/Thu/Fri 9-17
For content regarding this website or any further questions, please contact stefan.birner [at] nextnano.com.